If you’ve struggled with your weight, you already know how important it is to eat a healthy diet. Weight loss surgery is an important tool to help you regain control of your health, but it’s still important to eat nutritious foods. But now that we’re living in challenging times, it’s harder to get to the grocery store as often to buy fresh foods. We’re all stocking up on pantry and freezer essentials that will last longer, which can make maintaining your healthy diet more difficult.
Don’t worry – there are many heathy non-perishable food items you can purchase! We have a few tips to help you keep your kitchen stocked with healthy foods while limiting trips to the grocery store.
Key Tips to Stock Your Kitchen
- Buy in-season fresh fruits and vegetables, and buy only what you need so they don’t spoil. Produce such as apples and carrots will also last longer when stored properly.
- Stock up on frozen fruits and vegetables. You can add frozen fruits to smoothies, desserts, and cereals, and frozen vegetables are perfect for soups, stews, stir-fry, casseroles, and more.
- Canned fruits and vegetables can be just as nutritious as fresh. Choose options that say “no sugar added” or “no salt added.”
- Canned beans and legumes are nutritious and an inexpensive source of protein. Choose options that say “no salt added” or “low sodium.”
- Stock up on spices and low sodium condiments to easily flavour your foods without adding a lot of calories, sugar, or salt.
Fill Your Grocery Cart with These Staples
- Whole grain bread
- Brown rice
- Oatmeal / steal cut or rolled oats
- Whole grain cornmeal
- Whole rye
- Whole grain pasta
- Whole grain crackers
- Whole grain cereals
- Beans (kidney beans, navy beans, garbanzo beans etc.)
- Legumes (split peas, lentils, etc.)
- Lean ground beef
- Canned tuna, salmon, and sardines
- Reduced fat milk
- Reduced fat yogurt
- Reduced fat cheese
- Nuts and seeds
- Nut and seed butters
- Olive oil
- Canola oil
- Flaxseed oil
SmartShape Weight Loss Centre: Weight Loss Surgery in Ontario, Canada. Learn More About the Gastric Sleeve, Lap-Band Surgery (Gastric Band), and Mini Gastric Bypass
As we’re living in challenging times, it’s more important than ever to take control of your health. This involves eating nutritious foods, exercising outdoors or at home, and maintaining a healthy weight. If you’ve struggled with excess weight and yo-yo dieting, working with a weight loss centre, like SmartShape Weight Loss Centre, may help you achieve sustainable weight loss. We offer weight loss surgery options such as the gastric sleeve, gastric band or Lap-Band™, and mini gastric bypass surgery. Surgical weight loss will help you reach a healthy weight and maintain your results.
Our weight loss centre is located in Ontario, Canada, and we work with people across Canada to reclaim their health. Our weight loss procedures are performed by a registered bariatric surgeon at a private hospital. All our patients have access to SmartShape’s aftercare team, who are committed to helping you achieve your goals. We’re proud to offer a 5-year aftercare program for all patients to provide the support you need after bariatric surgery.
Learn more about our weight loss surgery procedures and explore our patient success stories to discover how bariatric surgery can change your life. If you’d like to learn more about the gastric sleeve, Lap-Band, or mini gastric bypass, please schedule a complimentary virtual consultation with our experienced bariatric surgeon. They’ll discuss your goals, answer your questions, and help you decide which weight loss surgery procedure is right for you.