Makes: 20 cookies
Total active time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups large flake rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- ¼ cup of natural peanut butter or nut/seed/soy butter of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cranberries (or raisins or can use bittersweet chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds or nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil to grease cooking tray
- Place oats in a large bowl, add salt and mix well.
- Add apple sauce and mix well. Set aside and let sit for 15 minutes to allow oats to soften and absorb moisture.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 350°F and grease large baking sheet.
- Mash banana in a medium size bowl.
- Mix vanilla extract, cinnamon, and maple syrup into bowl with banana.
- Add banana mixture to large bowl with oats.
- Fold in cranberries and pumpkin seeds and until evenly distributed through mixture.
- Drop the cookies by the “tablespoonful” onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool.