March is Nutrition Month and this year we focus on celebrating food as nourishment and so much more, as it unlocks the potential of food to enhance lives, improve health, inspire children, fuel activities and bring people together.
This year features five topics that explore the potential of food:
- Fuel: Stay energized by planning nutritious protein and fibre combination snacks and ingesting them throughout your day. (Click here for fact sheet)
- Discover: Starting from a young age it is important to foster healthy eating habits in children by teaching them to shop and cook so as to set them up for a lifetime of healthy eating. (Click here for fact sheet)
- Prevent: Understand how food can help prevent illness and can lower the risk of chronic diseases. (Click here for fact sheet)
- Heal: Learn how food can promote healing and how dietitians work in health care teams to make a difference. Dietitians can help you select and prepare the foods you need to meet you nutrient needs. (Click here for fact sheet)
- Bring us together: People are busy and most find it challenging to carve out time to eat meals with friends and family; however, it is important to try and do so each day. Sharing in the eating experience opens dialogue, allows you to connect with people, and helps us eat a more balanced diet. (Click here for fact sheet)
We encourage you to consider selecting one of the five topics that resonates with you to slowly and progressively work toward integrating in your daily routine. To help you Unlock the Potential of Food along the way, consider exploring some delicious and nutritious recipes from Cookspiration.com. Remember, Dietitians are your trusted nutrition experts to help guide you along your path to health and wellness.